Parade Entry Packet
Parade Entry Packet
For More Information Contact
Home Town Holidays
OFFICIAL PARADE INFORMATION/RULES
The following information must be copied, distributed, and read by all participants.
This is required for everyone’s safety.
Parade Theme: Christmas Characters
ALL entries are judged on their Christmas spirit and on their adherence to the theme, as well as their overall effort.
There will be TWO winners– a trophy and a cash prize will be awarded to each winner
The parade will begin promptly at 4:30 pm and will be completed at 5:30 pm. We do not have designated parking for parade participants- plan accordingly. For safety, please park and then take children to the staging area rather than trying to “drop off”.
Check-In (new location):
Parade check-in will start at 2:45 PM at 555 Middlefield Rd, between Bradford St and Veterans Blvd. (please see map). Early check-in is most important for groups that have to accommodate floats/vehicles, music, lots of equipment as part of their group, or first timers that may not know the area well. Walking groups with just a banner or something simple is easier to assemble closer to the parade start time.
Please have at least ONE representative of the group arrive earlier than the rest of the group to receive their number and find their spot in line, parents can drop off children later if the wait time is too long.
The parade will begin at Middlefield Rd & Marshall, left on Winslow St, left to Broadway Streetr, left on Jefferson Ave, and left on Marshall St. Children should be picked up at the “de-staging” area near Middlefield Bradford Street.
There are 3 announcing stations. IF YOU INDICATED ON YOUR APPLICATION THAT YOU ARE STOPPING TO PERFORM, STOP AT ALL THREE STATIONS (please see map). Performance must be 90 seconds or less!
STATION #1 Winslow St & Marshall St.
STATION #2 Courthouse Square- this is where the judges are located
STATION #3 Jefferson Ave between Marshall and Broadway
Parade is held rain or shine. Dress warm and layer clothing. Umbrellas may be used if necessary.
General Parade Rules:
- ABSOLUTELY NO SANTAS will be represented in your group. If you have a “Santa” in your group – you will be asked to remove him.
- AN ADULT REPRESENTATIVE IS REQUIRED TO CHECK-IN AT 3:00 PM, DAY OF PARADE. THIS IS MANDATORY.
- PLEASE pick up your children before the tree lighting.
- Safety is critical.
- Wear appropriate walking shoes.
- Don’t wear or carry anything that will interfere or impair walking or vision.
- Minimum of Two adults from your organization must walk the parade route with the group; one on each side.
- Adults from your organization must stay with children until parents or guardians pick them up.
- Bicycle participants must wear protective gear.
- Children must behave in an appropriate manner or they will be removed from the parade.
- Organizations displaying inappropriate behavior will be removed from the parade.
- Inappropriate actions or removal from the parade could result in non participation in the future.
- We reserve the right to determine inappropriate behavior.
- Nothing will be allowed to be thrown or distributed to spectators at any time. Parade staff reserves the right to approve any distribution.
If operating a vehicle of any type during the parade, the driver must submit a copy of their license and proof of insurance. Please submit this ASAP.
Music – Recorded:
All entries that are going to perform with music will need to submit the following:
90 second music piece *preferably submitted in an MP3 Format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for us to be prepared for participation in the parade, please submit music by Friday, December 2, 2022.
Photographs and/or video will be taken at the Hometown Holidays Parade. By
ion of materials (flyers) to pass out to spectators outside of the parade route. Submission for approval at least one week in advance of parade.
- Parade participants are prohibited from using alcohol or drugs before or during the event.
No smoking is permitted anywhere near parade participants or floats.
◊ Tag-A-Long Floats – Maximum size – 20×8 feet; Small size – 6×8 feet; Wheel size – 12 inches diameter;
◊ Maximum height is 15 feet from ground to highest point.
◊ Pushed – One adult must be in control of the float at all times.
◊ Powered – A motor vehicle must be operated by a licensed driver with appropriate automobile liability insurance. Safety: Speed limited to 5.5 mph. No weaving or swerving toward the crowd.
◊ Your organization is responsible for getting floats to & from the parade and making sure that it is properly staffed during the parade.
All floats must carry a fire extinguisher.
All floats that transport people must have secure handrails.
All floats must be approved by the Redwood City Fire Department the Day of event.
License & Proof of Insurance:
Taking part in this event grants the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/ video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications.