Parade Entry Packet
Parade Entry Packet
Application Submissions Complete
(or when the maximum number of entries is reached. Entries are on a first-come, first-served basis). Parade staff reserves the right to reject any entry on the basis of appropriateness or space availability.
For More Information Contact Iris Merle
Home Town Holidays
OFFICIAL PARADE INFORMATION/RULES
The following information must be copied, distributed, and read by all participants.
This is required for everyone’s safety.
Parade Theme: Christmas In Toyland
Participants will be judged on: OVERALL authenticity, detail, presentation, and how enthusiastically the THEME is incorporated
There will be TWO winners– a trophy and a cash prize will be awarded to each winner
Schools (public and private) • Sports Bands • Church Groups • Clubs • Performing Arts Groups • Gymnastic and Dance Groups. * Please prepare a banner or sign with the name of your organization for the parade.
The parade will begin promptly at 4:30 pm and will be completed approximately at 5:30 pm. Parking will be limited. We do not have designated parking for parade participants. For safety, please park and then take children to the staging area rather than trying to “drop off”.
Parade check in will start at 3:00 PM in the area near Arguello and Marshall. Early check-in is most important for groups that have to accommodate floats/vehicles, music, lots of equipment as part of their group, or first timers that may not know the area well. Walking groups with just a banner or something simple is easier to assemble closer to the parade start time.
Please have at least ONE representative of the group arrive earlier than the rest of the group to receive their number and find their spot in line, parents can drop off children later if wait time is too long.
The parade will start on Broadway & Marshall; continue west on Broadway to Main Street. Children should be picked up at the “de-staging” area near Broadway & Jefferson. (A route map will be sent 2 weeks prior to parade event)
Parade is held rain or shine. Dress warm and layer clothing. Umbrellas may be used if necessary.
General Parade Rules:
- ABSOLUTELY NO SANTAS will be represented in your group. If you have a “Santa” in your group – you will be asked to remove him.
- AN ADULT REPRESENTATIVE IS REQUIRED TO CHECK-IN AT 2:30 PM, DAY OF THIS IS MANDATORY.
- Safety is
- Wear appropriate walking
- Don’t wear or carry anything that will interfere or impair with walking or
- Two adults from your organization must walk the parade route with the group; one on each
- Adults from your organization must stay with children until parents or guardians pick them
- Bicycle participants must wear protective
- Children must behave in an appropriate manner or they will be removed from the
- Organizations displaying inappropriate behavior will be removed from the
- Inappropriate actions or removal from the parade could result in non-participation in the future.
- We reserve the right to determine inappropriate
- Nothing will be allowed to be thrown or distributed to spectators at any time. Parade staff reserves the right to approve any distribution of materials (flyers) to pass out to spectators behind the parade Submission for approval at least one week in advance of parade.
- Parade participants are prohibited from using alcohol or drugs before or during the
No smoking is permitted anywhere near parade participants or floats.
- Tag-A-Long Floats – Maximum size – 20×8 feet; Small size – 6×8 feet; Wheel size – 12 inches diameter.
- Maximum height is 15 feet from ground to highest
- Pushed – One adult must be always in control of the float.
- Powered – A motor vehicle must be operated by a licensed driver with appropriate automobile liability Safety: Speed limited to 5.5 mph. No weaving or swerving toward the crowd.
Your organization is responsible for getting float to & from parade and making sure that it is properly staffed during the parade.