Redwood City, strives to maintain a business-friendly environment for the largest high-tech world headquarters, to the smallest “mom & pop” storefront. Both ends of the business spectrum, and all the levels in between, are important to the health and prosperity of our community.
Redwood City offers a number of resources to help you start a business in Redwood City. Visit the links on this page for the full range of services provided to businesses (and prospective businesses) by Redwood City, the State of California, and other agencies.
- Redwood City’s Economic Indicators Dashboard
- California Economic Development Department
- Business Tax
- Chamber Of Commerce
- Commercial Vacancy Log
- Seller’s Permit/Resale Permit (State Board of Equalization)
- California State Business Licenses (for professions such as cosmetology, lawyers, contractors, etc.)
- Statement of Fictitious Business Name
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Business Women’s Network